Saturday, January 20, 2007

Qemu is nice

Finally I've time to try it out. It works just fine, especially with kqemu – a kernel module for speedup.

I tried 3 systems till now: Windows XP 32bit, Netbsd 3.1 and Solaris 9. No problem with installing Solaris and Windows. The NetBSD dislikes kqemu module – it spits out a 'Warning: no /dev/console' and hangs when trying to boot installation iso. The (simple) solution is to add -no-kqemu to the qemu command-line (even for standard booting of installed system, otherwise it won't boot with no warning).

Going to test it all harder :). First thing I took a note is the processor load; it's low, at least I expected it to be more hardware exacring.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was having the same problem. Thanks for putting this useful info online! Now it works. :)

Anonymous said...

Me too.
It works but /dev/console is still missing.